Before getting sick last year, I had such dreams! Many days, I feel bad about how far away from those dreams my life is. I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to attain some of them…or any of them. In my mind, I was going to….
- Finish my post-graduate hours toward my LPC (licensed professional counselor) in Connecticut
- Start or join a small counseling practice
- Finish a 5k
- Travel like mad with my husband
- Go to Europe for our 10th anniversary trip
- Visit my son up at college
- Complete section hikes of the Appalachian Trail
- Spend weekends cooking and baking up a storm
These dreams aren’t too huge, and I feel like they were certainly attainable before I got sick. Now, I just don’t know. These days, I dream about being able to drive or work again.